Fly agaric🍄


Famous, enchanting and highly toxic. Fly agaric is the home of fairies and magical creatures and a lover of birch woodland, where it helps trees by transferring nutrients into their roots, but if eaten can cause hallucinations and psychotic reactions.

Fly agaric is poisonous and infamous for its psychoactive and hallucinogenic properties. But, reports of human deaths are extremely rare. It was traditionally used as an insecticide. The cap was broken up and sprinkled into saucers of milk. It's known to contain ibotenic acid, which both attracts and kills flies – which gave it its name.

It was common on Christmas cards in Victorian and Edwardian times as a symbol of good luck and its colours are thought to have been the inspiration for Santa Claus's red and white suit.

Traditional uses and benefits of Fly Agaric

A fly agaric dilution was once utilized for problems with the female menopause as well as subduing over-excitability, bladder and intestinal cramps of the human body. It is used as a treatment for sore throats, and arthritis, and as an analgesic. Mushroom tincture helps to relieve sciatica and other pain, including joint pain and swollen lymph nodes. Tincture (a medicine made by dissolving a drug in alcohol) can also be applied to external infections, for example nail fungus, and skin conditions found in Lyme disease. #mushrooms #flyagaric #magicmushrooms #pantyfodgardens #naturesbeauty

5 views0 comments